Did you know that salt water swimming pools are extremely popular in Chicago right now?
95 percent of our pools have a saltwater system as part of their set-up
A saltwater pool system is better for both your body and your wallet than a traditional pool. Salt water pools are not as heavily concentrated as the ocean; they only have a fraction of the amount of salt, which helps to create a more pleasant swimming experience.
The Benefits of a Salt Water Swimming Pool
- Skin does not get as dry as it does in a traditional pool
- Eyes should not burn as they can in a traditional pool
- Blonde hair should not turn green as it can in a traditional pool
Additionally, installing a salt water instead of a traditional pool can save you money in the long term. Read on to find out.
How Can Salt Water Pools Save you Money?
- Salt water pools have a more stable environment than traditional pools, so less chlorine is needed to keep them free of bacteria.
- With a salt water pool, homeowners do not even have to purchase chlorine. This is because Sunset Pools & Spas knows how to convert the actual salt from your pool into chlorine, eliminating the need to buy it.
- Overall, salt is much cheaper than chlorine. Which one would you rather buy?
More importantly, chlorine can be a dangerous chemical to keep around the home, so salt water conversion is a safer option for both children and pets.