Chicago Emergency Pool Maintenance Checklist
Pool emergencies are bound to happen, don't stress out! Find out what every pool owner should know
Everyone loves having their own backyard pool. Not only does it offer fun for the whole family, but a pool also enhances the appeal and value of your property. However, a pool is just like any other piece of equipment. It needs periodic maintenance to keep working properly. Because it’s outside, the pool gets exposed to the elements which results in a wide variety of issues, both cosmetic and serious.
The good news is that almost all problems with a pool are repairable. There are some small, basic touch-ups that the average homeowners should have no problem tackling by themselves. For more serious repairs, however, you may need to contact a professional pool repair service like Sunset Pools and Spas. They offer emergency pool maintenance in Chicago and can provide you with services such as structural repairs, tile replacement, and winterization. Find out which pool problems you can fix yourself and which need a professional below.
Which Pool Problems Can You Fix Yourself and Which Need a Professional?
Pool Problems to Fix Yourself
- Mild Cleaning Keeping your pool in good order is a simple task if it’s done frequently. Skim away any debris, use a pool cover when not in use, and periodically clean away debris buildup from the bottom of the pool. This helps extend the time between professional deep-cleaning visits.
- Clean and Maintain Filters The filter is one of the most important components of a pool. You’ll notice an immediate decrease in the cleanliness and quality of the water if the filter is worn out, broken, or clogged. Identify what type of filter you have (DE, sand, or cartridge) and follow the maintenance instructions for that model.
- Catch Cracks Early It can be alarming to see any cracks on the edges of your pool or between the tile and your deck. However, if you notice them when they first appear you can caulk them with clear silicon. This will create a water-tight patch that prevents moisture from getting in under the deck and leading to more serious problems.
Repairs better left to the professionals
- Seasonal Maintenance Such As Winterization and Spring Cleaning Keeping your pool in good order is a simple task if it’s done frequently. Skim away any debris, use a pool cover when not in use, and periodically clean away debris buildup from the bottom of the pool. This helps extend the time between professional deep-cleaning visits.
- Replacing Broken or Outdated Equipment No matter how well a pump, filter, or other pool component is made, it will eventually wear out. Don’t risk trying to replace it on your own. You might end up damaging your pool or even harming
yourself. A professional pool service will replace old parts quickly and safely, and they can also advise you on any new upgrades on the market like self-running cleaners or automated controls.
- A Major Facelift for Your PoolEven a well-maintained pool will eventually start to look a little shabby. Sunset Pools and Spas offers renovation services such as interior resurfacing, upgrading new decking with the latest styles, and adding attractive new features like bubblers and fountains.